A Vanilla-Perfect Bread Pudding
30 minutes to prepare | 40 minutes to cook | 6-8 serving
Natural vanilla is a central ingredient in many unforgettable desserts. One of these desserts is the iconic bread pudding, which is beloved by millions all over the world. There are countless great bread pudding recipes you can use to make this fabulous dish. Our recipe is not only delicious, but also features natural vanilla as a prominent ingredient – creating soft and sweet perfection that will have you asking for seconds 🙂
- 3 croissants or one loaf of Challah bread
- 300 ml of whipping cream
- 90 ml of milk
- 3 eggs
- 70 grams of sugar
- 1 “Vanilla Vida” bean (about 5 gr)
- 50 grams of white chocolate
- Fresh berries (or any other fruit you love)
- Powdered sugar
- Powdered Vanilla Vida
- Mascarpone cheese or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 170C degrees
- Cut the bread or croissants into large chunks. Use bread or croissants that are a tad stale – at least a day old.
- Place the bread chunks in a baking dish.
- Use a whisk to mix the whipping cream, milk, eggs, sugar and the Vanilla Vida bean together. Pour the mixture onto the bread.
- Add the white chocolate cubes between the chunks of bread.
- Place into the oven and bake at 170C for 40 minutes, until the top of the bread pudding is a solid golden brown.
- Once the bread pudding is ready, powder it with powdered sugar and powdered vanilla.
- Mix several vanilla seeds to the mascarpone cheese, which you can serve alongside or on top of each bread pudding serving. If you prefer, serve the pudding with vanilla ice cream.
If you wish, you can also pour some delicious homemade crème anglaise on your bread pudding, instead of the cheese or ice cream.
Here’s the recipe:
- Mix together 350 ml of milk, 150 of cream and one Vanilla Vida bean. Bring the mixture to a boil in a pan.
- Gently mix egg yolks (120 grams) and sugar (100 grams) into the pan, until everything is at the same temperature. Cook and stir until the mixture thickens.