The King of Desserts:
The Delightful Crème Brûlée
15 minutes to prepare | 30 minutes to cook | 4 serving
The crème brûlée is one of the world’s most famous and beloved desserts, and for very good reason! The great thing about crème brûlée is that it is very easy to prepare at home. A key ingredient is natural vanilla, and with Vanilla Vida’s vanilla bean, your crème brûlée will be tastier and more aromatic than you can imagine. So without further delay, here’s a great recipe for homemade crème brûlée that you can prepare the next time you are having guests over for dinner. Enjoy!
- One “Vanilla Vida” bean
- 500 grams of whipping cream
- 75 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of egg yolks
- Seeds from one “Vanilla Vida” bean
- Heat the oven to 120 F.
- Cut open the Vanilla Vida bean and remove the seeds. Place the seeds and the bean in
a small pot.
- Add whipping cream to the pot
and bring to a boil.
- Mix in a bowl the sugar, yoks and vanilla bean, until the egg yolks become lighter in color.
- Slowly pour the boiling whipping cream into the bowl with the sugar and egg yolks. Wait 1 minute for the foam to subside.
- Pour into heat-resistant serving cups that can withstand oven heat.
- Insert into the oven, together with a pan of water that will be placed at the bottom of the oven (the water creates a moist environment).
- Bake at 120 F for 25-30 minutes until the crème’s borders stabilize (this means that the crème has achieved congelation yet the center remains tremulous).
- When the crème brûlée is ready, remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan of boiling water, until it reaches room temperature. Transfer to the fridge for at least two hours, until the crème brûlée is very cold.
- Prior to serving, spread a unified layer of brown sugar on every portion. Proceed to caramelize the sugar with a burner. Serve instantly.