A Delicious Vanilla-Based Homemade Marshmallow
30 minutes to prepare | 10 minutes to cook | 16 serving
Who doesn’t love marshmallows, right? Eat them straight out of the bag or roast them over a fire – either way they’re perfect. This time around, we want to share with you a great recipe for homemade marshmallows, which features natural vanilla as a central ingredient. You know how the saying goes: You won’t be able to have just one!
- 28 grams of gelatin
- 125 ml of water
- 3/4 cup of corn syrup
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 “Vanilla Vida” bean (approx. 5 grams)
- 100 grams of sugar powder
- 100 grams of corn starch
- Seeds from one “Vanilla Vida” bean
- Soak the gelatin in water in the mixer bowl. Reserve
- Cook the rest of the ingredients at a temperature of 115C degrees.
- When the corn syrup reaches the right temperature, turn on the mixer to the lowest speed. Give the gelatin a few seconds to melt and then gradually increase the speed to the maximum level.
- Whip for approx. 10 minutes until the mixture swells up nicely.
- Transfer the mixture to an oiled baking dish and wait 12 hours until it dries
- Mix the sugar powder, corn starch and vanilla seeds. Scatter the mixture on top of the baked marshmallow mass.
- Scatter some of the mixture onto the surface you will be transferring the marshmallow mass to (a cutting board works well).
- Gently turn the baking dish upside down and transfer the marshmallow mass onto the designated surface area.
- Powder the other side of the marshmallow mass until all areas are covered.
- Cut the mass into squares with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
Keep the marshmallows in a sealed container.